cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS-7835

dsylvesteriii
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a solution that allows me to use the MCS-7835 as the PBX for my central office, I also want to use IP Phones in Remote Locations (ex. my Salesman Homes). Is there anything beside the IP phones I will need in the remote locations? The remote locations will all be equipped with 128K ISDN circuits.

6 Replies 6

briggs.simon
Level 1
Level 1

A router that supports QoS for the ISDN line and a hub or switch so the home user can use PC and phone at the same time. A cisco 804 will give you both a 4-pt hub and an ISDN BRI 'U' conncetion with some basic QoS ability. Also, instead of putting a phone at each persons house why not use Cisco's softphone? Assuming your remote users have a laptop or desktop with a good soundcard you could buy a set of headphones with a mic and use the software phone.

If your remotes are offices, you will need to address the 911 issue. With that you'll need a VG200 for your FXO analog connections. Also keep i mind faxes and modems at these location as they will need FXS staton ports.

crcotton
Level 1
Level 1

Check out the IP Telephony design guide for WAN QoS and Centralized Call Processing requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ip_tele/network/index.htm

guckengc
Level 1
Level 1

We are using the 7835 at the office and many of us have point to point T1s into our homes. The phone works great. The only thing you would need is a power adapter for the phones in your remote locations. Other than that after you statically configure the phones with address info and the TFTP server(7835) you should be good to go(provided you can get to callmanger).

On a side note it would be nice if Cisco would make an allowance for us to add the TFTP server and still allow DHCP without erasing the TFTP info. This is most helpfull in situations just like yours where not everyone is tech savy. You will have to configure all the phones settings manually. Where as if Cisco would allow us to make the TFTP fixed we could use any DHCP server and only need to add the TFTP server.

With regard to your side note: what you're describing works perfectly. On the 7960, press Settings, then [3] Network Configuration, then [32] Alternate TFTP. You can have DHCP Enabled set to YES and Alternate TFTP set to YES at the same time, then go to [8] TFTP Server and set the desired address. In this configuration, regardless if your DHCP server is sending an Option 150 or not, the IP phone will use whatever you have configured here as the TFTP server.

ajay-sharma
Level 1
Level 1

I guess , u need to use cisco call manager ver 3.0.5 , this comes with auto attendant, other than this u need a voice gateway,ip phones,l2/l3 switches and uone corporate 4.1E (on another MCS)if want to go for voice mailing also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: