Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MCS-7845-H1-ECS1 diff/w MCS-7845-H1

Hi Expert,

What is the different between ECS1 and non-ECS1 for MCS?

Thank you.

Rgds,

Au Yeong

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MCS-7845-H1-ECS1 diff/w MCS-7845-H1

Per the "Cisco Unity Supported Platforms List" data sheet:

"Some models of Cisco media convergence server (MCS) platforms are now offered in two enterprise communications variants for Cisco Unity,

labeled ECS1 and ECS2 configurations. In these cases, the ECS1 configurations are optimized for voice mail only deployments, with extra hard

drive capacity and redundant array of independent disks (RAID) configuration to support storage of messages on the same server. ECS2

configurations are optimized for unified messaging deployments or voice mail deployments where messages will be stored on a separate server.

ECS2 configurations generally have fewer RAID-configured hard drives to provide a more cost-effective server platform when the additional on-box

message store capacity is not needed."

The two offered MCS platforms for Unity on the MCS7835 platform are:

· MCS-7835-H1-ECS1 ("H" representing HP)

· MCS-7835-I1-ECS1 ("I" representing IBM)

The platform models used for CallManager are a bit different as far as a ordering part number is concerned. There is no "ECS" model when being used for CallManager. It's a bit confusing to me as well.

7 REPLIES

Per the "Cisco Unity Supported Platforms List" data sheet:

"Some models of Cisco media convergence server (MCS) platforms are now offered in two enterprise communications variants for Cisco Unity,

labeled ECS1 and ECS2 configurations. In these cases, the ECS1 configurations are optimized for voice mail only deployments, with extra hard

drive capacity and redundant array of independent disks (RAID) configuration to support storage of messages on the same server. ECS2

configurations are optimized for unified messaging deployments or voice mail deployments where messages will be stored on a separate server.

ECS2 configurations generally have fewer RAID-configured hard drives to provide a more cost-effective server platform when the additional on-box

message store capacity is not needed."

The two offered MCS platforms for Unity on the MCS7835 platform are:

· MCS-7835-H1-ECS1 ("H" representing HP)

· MCS-7835-I1-ECS1 ("I" representing IBM)

The platform models used for CallManager are a bit different as far as a ordering part number is concerned. There is no "ECS" model when being used for CallManager. It's a bit confusing to me as well.

Sorry, I was listing the MCS7835 product when you were specifying the MCS7845. For the MCS7845 product set, the purchase options for Unity are:

· MCS-7845-H1-ECS1

· MCS-7845-H1-ECS2

· MCS-7845-I1-ECS1

· MCS-7845-I1-ECS2

Again, for CallManager, they are different.

Any way can running as a CallManager?

No, the hardware detection CD will not recognize ECS platforms as a supported platform.

ECSx (x=1,2) servers are specifically made for Unity, with built RAID support.

Bronze

ECS servers are for Unity and EVV servers are for Callmanager.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.