cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS OS and HP System Management updates

Rhonda Shepard
Level 1
Level 1

For HP MCS's, is it ok to update the firmware using the HP System Management or are the compatible updates included in the Cisco OS 2003.1.5x? I don't want to break any functionality.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I would say that if you have a specific problem to fix that is firmware related and not addressed in a Cisco-issued patch, then update firmware.

Otherwise, stick with what is included in the OS updates from Cisco. This would mean you are running a combination of software and firmware as tested by Cisco, maintain your supportability from a TAC point of view, and ensure that if you hit problems you're more likely to find a fix if you are running the same versions as other customers...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I would say that if you have a specific problem to fix that is firmware related and not addressed in a Cisco-issued patch, then update firmware.

Otherwise, stick with what is included in the OS updates from Cisco. This would mean you are running a combination of software and firmware as tested by Cisco, maintain your supportability from a TAC point of view, and ensure that if you hit problems you're more likely to find a fix if you are running the same versions as other customers...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: