cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS sizing ?

dccox
Level 1
Level 1

I'm evaluating CCM for 400 79XX devices initially with planned growth of another 100 79XX devices and 120 analog phones within 3-4 months of cutover. Total device weights for system after phase 1 & 2) will be apporximately 3500. Long range plans would add upto 4,000 more endpoints including about 100 seats of ACD. It's a critical care environment so availability is a must.

Am I better served to start out with redundant MCS 7835's and upgrade to 7845's when I need the additonal capacity or should I start off with 7845's?

Also, been reading a lot about services that should run on separate servers (MoH, Conferencing, TFTP, etc.). Any suggestions on best practice for these services would be welcome.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Well this dependes on your time frame to move to the additional phases, the 7835s will more than handle your immediate need, and you also can scale to 7 servers if you need, in a single cluster ( read the design guide for ccm 3.3). 1 tftp, 1 pub, 5 subs, moh can be deployed among the subs. IPCC will require its own server. Of coures if you want the best for your phone system, 7845s are always better. the driver raid is better, the system is faster, beefer, and more expensive (of course).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: