Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS7835 RAID1 COMPAQ HARDWARE QUESTION

xsiquin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Evbody,

Will be a question related to the hardware of the MCS.

Does anyone knows where I cand find specific information related to the RAID configuration of the MCS 7835 (or if not specific to the MCS, concerning the integrated controller on the DL-380)

I would like to know what exactly i can do and can't do with the RAID1 configuration.

One the very same machine, with the very same HD, there is no problem, i can unplug one disk and then put another one, or the same, the RAID1 will automatically make the replication.

But for example if i take another disk from another Call Manager (let's say I am on my CM publisher (called CCMP1) and I want to take the configuration of the CM publisher (CCMP2) taken from another site)

do I have to make a special manipulation on the CCMP1 in order to break the RAID array before adding the disk from CCMP2. Same question on CCMP2, do I have to make a special manipulation before unplugging the disk to break the RAID array.

Apart from that question, ant link to documention on basick knowledge concerning RAID configuration on COMPAQ will be welcomed.

1 Reply 1

kwhitmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

there is a user guide on the DL380 doc CD. If you are having problems finding a copy I can email a PDF file to you (1.2Mb zipped).

Rgds

Kevin.Whitmarsh@compaq.com