cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Media-less ICD Script

rjrii
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious of what a media-less script would be.

I have run into an issue because my organization bought the ICD Standard bundle and our sales rep only mentioned the limitation of having 10 agents log in at the same time, but not a limit of queing 10 calls. Problem being, the 11th call gets a busy signal.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a00800dc6b9.html#1109032

I'm assuming that media-less refers to no IVR interaction, hence the Cisco Media license of 10 ports would not affect this type of script?

If someone can point me in the right direction and tell me if I am correct or incorrect regarding my understanding of media-less calls and being able to queue more than 10, that would be great?

Also, anyone have a script that I could work from that would queue the first 8 calls and send the rest to voice mail?

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

A media-less call is a call for which no media interactions is expected (e.g. prompting, getting DTMF digits, or recognition is not possible).

Example of applications that would require no media are e.911 redirect, simple queuing.Media-less calls can still be put on hold to get Music on Hold generated back to the caller as this is not done by the CRA platform.This type of calls doesnt use as much CPU as the normal type of calls which could allow one to increase the capacity of the CRA platform.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: