cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Media Master Recording

mwheinz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a dual-integration and when I attempt to create call-handlers and record the prompt, Unity wants to use the analog (serial) ports, the first 6 ports. It is returning "Unknown Problems (the server one)". I disabled MM recording on the first 6 ports, and now I get "No ports avail. for outgoing calls", which I guess is right for Unity but wrong for me. I want to record on IP phone. <br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Are you trying to do the MM record from the Unity console (logged on locally)? The switch ID that is going to be used is the switch ID for the account that is currently logged on. So if you are logged on as EAdministrator (or whatever) make sure the switch ID of that subscriber is set for CallManager.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I built the server using "exchangesrv" account. This is the user I use to login at the console. I built a subscriber, "exchangesrv", because I read on the forum about this, and I gave this subscriber the Cisco switch type.

We logged on as "exchangesrv" and set up a subscriber as a user on the box, gave them access to Unity, and then logged out of the console and logged back in to the box as the new user. Now when we use MM, it works correctly! I still don't understand what we did, but you are correct, it is who you log in as. I had previously added "exchangesrv" as a subscriber, with Cisco as switch type. Why did it not work correctly then? Please reply if you have time, and thanks again for steering me in the right direction.