Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Media resource exhausted errors

Hi,

I am getting media resource exhausted alerts. In the RTMT it points to transcoder error. I have one region that uses g729 over wan to other regions and g711 locally within the region. I have media resource lists that have conferecning setup for both g729 and g711 on a cisco router. My IPCC server is set to only g729...so I need help in determining what is causing the transcoder alerts in rtmt....becuase as far as I know all my devices should be able to do both g729 and g711 without transcoders....any help would be great

2 REPLIES

Re: Media resource exhausted errors

CSCeb58907: Alert MediaResourceListExhausted does not work

There have been some enhancement to RTMT tool in CM 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 to avoid some of these

errors.

There are some other RTMT issues that you mentioned. Some of them are below:

CSCee21442: RTMT perfmon monitoring does not work during active CCM down

CSCeg41834: RTMT LowAvailableMemory Alert shown when CM is operating

normally

CSCsa76784: LowAvailableVirtualMemory alert triggers when 70% or more

memory free

CSCeh02641: DirectoryReplicationFailed alerts when CM is operating

normally

Silver

Re: Media resource exhausted errors

Well, it looks like you need to determine if there is a real problem or not - do you have anyone complaining? You could turn your trace level to detailed and see what device is attempting to connect and experiencing the MediaResourceListExhausted event. Any phone should be able to downshift to g729, but if you have a gateway that is set up H323 and have codec set for G711, instead of codec class, you will have trouble. You could also configure a transoder and see if the events clear, which also verifies a real problem, and then try to find out what is the source.

Mary Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies