Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Media Termination using CTIPorts and JTAPI

Hello all,

Any idea whether its possible to do media termination of a CTI port using JTAPI ?

I am able to acquire a CTI port and initiate a call from that number. But a call observer on that cti port does not detect incoming call. Infact, i dont get a ring when calling the cti port.

Is it possible to terminate a cti port so that i can detect a call arrival on a cti port and do call control on it ? (like a voice mail or answering machine application )

Would i require javax.telephony.media apis. Is this package available now for CallManager ?

I would appreciate any information on this...

thanks,

Kamesh

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Media Termination using CTIPorts and JTAPI

Typically, the call would be made to a CTI Route Point, which the observer should see, and then the call can be redirected to a CTI Port for media termination.

Re: Media Termination using CTIPorts and JTAPI

Thanks. But isnt there any way i can detect an incoming call without using a route point. Cant i have an observer on the ctiport and get events for a new call ?

Would it help if i implement a RTP Session for that CTI port, using the rtp apis ?

Kamesh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content