cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mediamaster: no ports on voiceserver for outgoing

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

The mediamaster says, that there are no free ports on voice server for outgoing calls.<br>Unity 3.1(2), CCM 3.2, TSP from Unity 3.1(2) Unity Demo License<br>MSDE w2k advanced server sp2, e2k enterprise, sql2k sp2<br>The callmanager uses Active Directory for the users.<br><br>With the first subscriber i´ve recorded his name with the phone.<br>In the next days, my college made some changes at the CCM.<br>I´ve created new subscribers, and today it isn´t possible to use Mediamaster for recording or playing with phone.<br>With soundcard it works at a client.<br>We´ve some problems with MWI, often it works.<br>In the application-event-log there are some errors like this two<br>AvCs_MC EventID:101<br>Assertion fehlgeschlagen: dwCurrentPacketSize == (StationCallStateMessageSize - sizeof(UINT64)) in file: e:\views\amis3.1.1.13\un_Miu\Skinny\AvSkinnyTsp\Skinny.cpp bei Zeile: 879 <br><br><br>AvMiu_MC EventID:521<br>Miu-Komponente: Error in Thread 0x00001008 port 2 in methode CAvTSPAbstraction::Selsius_SetMWI()<br><br>Description: HardFailure from lineDevSpecific.<br>DETAILS: <br> DestAddress: 293<br> Messages: 1<br> State: ON<br> ErrorCode: 0x80000048<br>Another problem:<br>I´ve a analog switch configured, but i didn´t need him and i couldn´t kill him. He uses port from 0 until 0.<br>The CCM uses ports 1 and 2.<br><br>I hope you can help me <br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

That error message is pretty specific... this means the client media master control has successfully contacted the server, verified that the calling client is properly associated with a subscriber but that the Arbiter component has reported back that there are no ports available to process outbound TRAP (telephone record and playback) requests.

Commonly this is because no ports are configured to do TRAP dialouts (you can check this on the ports page in the SA) or that if there are ports configured for TRAP dialouts that they are busy or not responding to off-hook requests.

any chance the port configuration changed or you have a "burned" port that's not being responsive? does a restart of the Unity server clear the problem or no? Can you dial into both ports and they answer?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I´ve new installed unity, and there it´s only the callmanager configured as switch and the mediamaster is working as he should.
MWI isn´t working good, we get some events like i´ve posted yet, it sheems, that is happened, when the phone is bussy.
But we have another problem, i will make another thread.

Not applicable

I have the same unity response when trying to use Record and playback of media master:

after upgrade stated "no ports on the voice server are available for outgoing calls"

upgraded Unity from 2.46.135 -- 3.12B unified messaging

all else appears okay - import worked, exmerging data back worked

we have a 4 port (50 users) license (was a demo when 2.46)
checked ports - voice works fine - all ports

status monitor.exe and callviewer show nothing when using record and playback

Not applicable

Check to be sure you still have ports configured for dialing out for MM calls. Those flags may have gotten cleared in the registry during upgrade. The import should flag them back but you never know...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Yes, they were alrerady checked.
I removed the checks and saved
then added checks back and saved (in case visual different from actual - not that we've seen that before ...)
and problem is still persisting

Not applicable

Any other Suggestions ???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: