cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

meet-me conference from outside through vg200 mgcp gateway

qbui
Level 4
Level 4

I have DID for outside users to dial the meet-me conference through vg200 mgcp gateway but the never success. Is there anything that I need to consider to make it work. Meet-me for inside IP phones work OK.

Thanks in advance.

Hung.

16 Replies 16

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Check the VG200 configuration and particularly whether the route exists for the outside users.

If you are doing conferencing between different codecs, (when doing a conference between an caller

from the pstn and an internal user, the conferencing is not possible. Therefore assign a

transcoding recource which is doing a codec conversion. from G729 to G711.

Please add:

dspfarm transcoder maximum sessions

dspfarm confbridge maximum sessions

dspfarm

check you have done your configuration as per the folowing URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_access/config/dsp.htm

And also check for the following

Prerequisites for Cisco Conferencing and Transcoding for Voice Gateway Routers

Cisco CallManager

Cisco CallManager 3.2(2c) or a later version is required.

Cisco IOS Software

The router must be equipped with Cisco IOS Release 12.2(13)T or a later version.

Mary,

Thanks for your input. I do not use hardware conf bridge on vg200. I run software conf. on CCM 3.2(2c). Vg200 is just a MGCP gateway. Adhoc and normal phone calls works fine from outside. All calls from inside and outside use G711.

Thanks,

Hung

The Meet-Me conference must be established first with an IP Phone, then add the external line.

here is the process.

1 - establish meetme conf. from ip phone

2 - have xlate pattern for a did # to xlate to the meetme conference # which was created in step 1

3 - all can now talk on the conference

Todd

Todd,

Thanks for the input. We have small system running on ics7750. All internal numbers are DIDs, no translation. Normal calls from and to IP phones, and adhoc conference from outside are woking. Only meetme conf call from outside gateway is not working.

Thanks.

And meetme conf. between IP phones are working fine too.

Hello..

tringwelski

can you please tell me how to create a translation pattern for a DID number 1020 to translate meet me conference number 111, is there any configuration changes on mgcp gateway router.

Thanks,

Nilesh

dfarnan
Level 4
Level 4

A meet-me conference is not active until established by an internal user. Once that is established the external callers may dial the number and join.

David,

Thanks for your input.

My situation is that everything is working fine. I can meetme conference between IP Phones. While meetme conference is established and in session, external users call the meetme conf number, all they got is silence for about 30 seconds and then a busy signal.

Thanks,

Hung

Hi Hung.

I have "almost" the same problem as you.

I have an ICS7750, a Cisco1760 + E1R2 (H323 Gateway) and IP Phones.

Meet-Me works wonderful for IP Phones users but nobody from outside (dialing from PSTN) can get into the conference if they dial the DN that will be translated to match the conference number.

If somebody from outside (PSTN) dial to an IP Phone ant ask somebody tho transfer the call to the conference number. meet-me works fine.

I tried a lot of different things but seems that nothing solves the problem.

Are you experiencing the same symptoms???

It sounds like a codec mismatch, have you configured "codec g711ulaw" on your voip dial-peers on the gateway?

It may also be a Calling Search Space issue. Make sure the CSS of the gateway contains the partition that you have assigned to the MeetMe numbers.

Also, the SW conf bridge only does G711 so you'll need a hardware transcoder setup if gateway isn't G711. Also, if the devices communicationg are in different regions make sure between regions it is also G711 if there is no transcoder.

hi

i too have the same issue here. we are not able to do a meet me for external callers whereas internally within the LAN we are able to achieve it. we have a 2621 router as a DSP farm with the reqd transcoder statements configured on the router. in fact we also have the gateway router configured for g711 & g729 codecs but still this is not a success. Basic question is Does Meet-Me work with external calls.

Yes,

callers from the PSTN can join but not start a MeetMe Conference. A rollout that does work (I know cuz I did it) is this. PRI line from telco coming in a 3640 router. IP Phone user starts a MeetMe. Caller dials main number on PRI and enters the extension that the MeetMe number is at. FYI..I suspect some of these problems may be from not having a dial-peer on the routers. The router sends the call over to CM based on the dial-peers and they get takin into the MeetMe conference. In this scenario the VG200 is listed on the CM as a confernce resource. Works fine this way.

Please remember to rate the post if any of this information helped you out

This is what happened on my setup: CCM assigns 7 digits DN to IP phones and Meetme DN is also 7 digit. I created translation pattern rule for IP phone users to dial 5 digit 1-4digit_ext. Everything seems to work fine with this. However, when meetmet conf controller dial 5 digits DN ( this will be translated to 7 digits and resent to call processing ), only IP phone can get connected on meetme, no external phones. And if meetme controller dial 7 digit DN, ip phone and external now can join the conf.

Regards,