Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MEET ME CONFERNCE

Hi,

In our ccm setup we are using 6608 e1 blade for conference bridge. software conference bridge is also configured.

I want to know what is the maximum number of participants in a single meet me conference. Only ten users can able to join in the meet me conference in our site. the 11th user gets a fast busy signal.

How to increase the number of participants in the meetme conference when we are using hardware and software conference bridges.

g.729 is the codec for all the phones in our site.

Krishna.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: MEET ME CONFERNCE

Hi Krishna,

The number of participants that can join a meet me conference is a configurable parameter have a look at the following;

Cisco Conference Bridge Hardware

This type supports the Cisco Catalyst 4000 and 6000 Voice Gateway Modules and the following number of conference sessions.

Cisco Catalyst 6000

G.711 conference 32 available streams; up to 10 conference sessions with three participants in each conference or one conference session with 32 participants

Cisco Catalyst 4000

G.711 conference only 24 conference participants; maximum of four conferences with six participants each

Cisco Conference Bridge Software

Software conference devices support G.711 codecs by default.

The maximum number of audio streams for this type equals 128. With 128 streams, a software conference media resource can handle 128 users in a single conference, or the software conference media resource can handle up to 42 conferencing resources with three users per conference.

If the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service runs on a different server than the Cisco CallManager service, a software conference cannot exceed the maximum limit of 128 participants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution If the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service runs on the same server as the Cisco CallManager service, a software conference should not exceed the maximum limit of 48 participants.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edae2.html#wp1035397

You can adjust the number of participants per MeetMe conference by changing the following parameter in Service Parameter Configuration:

Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast min: 1 - max: 128

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.......

Hi Rob,

we are using g.729 codec for all the phones.

Does 6608 E1 blade supports only g.711?

Anyway i will change this parameter and let you know the status.

Krishna.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Krishna,

Sorry, that info was a little misleading. The 6608 configured as a hardware conference bridge does support g.729. Have a look;

Software conference devices only support G.711 codecs. Cisco CallManager 4.0 and later also support G.729 codecs. Still, the default codec is G.711. However, if the Meet-Me conference is initiated by a phone that has a G.711 codec, G.729 devices are not able to join the meeting unless there is a transcoder involved. A transcoder is needed to handle the translation from one codec to the other one. A similar issue arises with Ad-Hoc conferences. If the phone that initiates the conference tries to include a phone with a different codec, it fails. An error message is displayed on the traces. Hardware conference devices can provide transcoding for G.711, G.729, and G.723 codecs.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080114c64.shtml#t3

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content