Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Meeting Place Express upgrade problem.

Hi,

I just upgraded my MPE from Version 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. All the function working fine, but When I do "sudo mpx_sys stop" command. Then I got the error message "shtting down fcsadmin [failed]".

So my first question, what is this fcsadmin process? I do not have error message with old version 1.1.1.

Then I did another upgrade test. I upgraded the MPE from version 1.1.1 to 1.1.3. After that, I can not web access the MPE server any more, the upgrade process is fine, I did not get any error message during the upgrade process. When I do "sudo mpx_sys stop" command. Then I got the error message "shtting down breeze [failed]". So what does this breeze process do? Has anybody upgraded to version 1.1.3 without any problem?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Meeting Place Express upgrade problem.

About Upgrading Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express after an Upgrade or Patch is Released

A patch is a very minor change to the product, while an upgrade is a larger enhancement to the product. Cisco Systems distributes incremental upgrades and patches to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express system as necessary and they are available on Cisco.com.

When you install an application upgrade or patch, the system moves the existing application files to a back up directory and installs the new application files in the current directory. This allows you to uninstall the upgrade or patch if you need to.

Installing an application upgrade or patch is similar to installing a new system. You can install an application upgrade or patch using the console or SSH.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6533/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008074d994.html

Views
Helpful
Replies