cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace 6.0 and CUCM

CARLO CALABRESE
Level 1
Level 1

We have Meetingplace 6.0.639.0 and CUCM with 6.1.5. I need to upgrade CUCM to 7.1.5. A sales rep told me that meetingplace will not work with 7.1.5.

can I run this verision of Meetingplace with 7.1.5?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Review the compatibility matrix and/or RNs for MP

Cisco Unified MeetingPlace

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp133225

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Fernando Rivas Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Carlo

Meeting Place 6.0MR5 is integrated with the CUCM cluster via an H323 or a SIP trunk.

You should have a server in your MP deployment which is the IPGW MeetingPlace server.

All the call signalling between the CUCM and the MP Platform is done through that server.

So in CUCM 7.1.5 you can still configure an H323 trunk or a SIP Trunk to your IPGW server and it will work.

So in theory it is perfectly ok to use CUCM 7.1.5 with MP 6.0MR5.

Check the docwiki information about the configuration of the IP Gateway:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace,_Release_6.x_--_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_H.323/SIP_IP_Gateway,_Release_5.3

Thanks
Fernando

shanegill
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the same situation.  Last I checked on the compatablity matrix the highest version of CUCM supported on MeetingPlace 6 MR5 was 7.1.2.  Several months back I opened a TAC ticket on this and was told that the versions listed in the compatability matrix were the only ones officially supported and tested.  The TAC agent felt that it probably would work fine with 7.1.5 but he did inform me that if an issue did arrise it could be problimatic from a support standpoint.  We decided to stay on 7.1.2 at this time.  If 7.1.5 is fully supported with MP 6 I would love to find out because we have ran into several issues with 7.1.2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: