Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetingplace Express locked meeting rooms

mikeduffy13
Level 1
Level 1

Hello -

I have had a few users come to me asking about locked meeting rooms.  It seems that from time to time meeting rooms get "locked" and users are not able to enter the rooms unless someone who is already in the room admits them.

I have no way to verify if someone in the room actually locked it or not, but has anyone ever experienced rooms locking themselves automatically?  Is there a phone keypad command that locks a room?

I don't any way to lock a room by accident since you have to physically click Meeting->Lock Meeting to get it lock in the first place.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is possible to lock a meeting through the in-call options menu (DTMF #,4,1). I believe a user must have Moderator rights in the meeting to perform this action but I'm not quite ambitious enough to test this tonight.

I have never heard of MPE "automagically locking the meeitng." My initial reaction is to tell them to listen and not press keys randomly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is possible to lock a meeting through the in-call options menu (DTMF #,4,1). I believe a user must have Moderator rights in the meeting to perform this action but I'm not quite ambitious enough to test this tonight.

I have never heard of MPE "automagically locking the meeitng." My initial reaction is to tell them to listen and not press keys randomly.

I just checked and it looks like even guests can lock/unlock via the keypad.

Thanks for the info!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: