Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MeetingPlace Express setup

we have MPE installed and can dial from an outside number into the server. but i havent been able to get our inside IPphones to connect up. i am confussed with the setup. i have a calling search space, partition, and gateway for the connection from outside my office, but, what would i keed to dial from inside the office. thanks for any help anyone might provide.

16 REPLIES

Re: MeetingPlace Express setup

MPE can do only g711 codec, so if your branches are using g729 to talk to the HQ where the MPE is, then you need a transcoder resource at the HQ.

You can use a H323 trunk or SIP trunk to send calls to MPE. I prefer using H323 trunk, because SIP trunk has a limitation with zero out to operator. Create a h323 trunk (ICT non gatek controlled) and specify the ip address of the MPE voice interface. Make sure you check MTP required on the trunk, if calls from remote branches using g729 need to be sent to MPE. In MPE, H323 configuration, specify the ip address of Callmanagers (Pub and Sub) and click save. Create a route pattern say 3999 (The pilot to dial internally to MPE, say) and point that to the trunk that you just created.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

thanks sankar,

when i set up the trunk, and try and apply the ip address of the mpe it says i need a unique address, which tells me that address is used somewhere eles. namely in a gateway and routlist. so might i not need need either the trunk or the gateway? dont know which one i dont need. thanks,

joe

Joe, You need to find out if you already added MPE as a h323 gateway. If you have already added the box as a h323 gateway, then that might be the reason why its giving you the error.

Sankar, yes we do have a h323 gateway, but, even before i added the trunk, i still could not dial from within the office, only from the outside via an 866 number which goes directly to a dedicated voice circuit.

thanks,

I am having issues dialing in.. I am using callmanager 4.1.3 and MPE 1.1.2

I created the route pattern but I cannot get the mpe to answer

Mike, Are you getting a fast busy ? check your region settings between your phone and MPE trunk. MPE cant do g711. you will need a transoder resource and have the MTP required option checked in the trunk.

I am getting an intercept on from the telco.

I setup a h323 gw.. MPE.. Then a reoute pattern and I get intercept

I have a pri into callmanager.. I get 4 digits from the telco so I set up a h323 gateway eth0 was the address and a routepattern 6520.. When I call the number from outside xxx-xxx-6520 I get the telco intercept.

What am I missing I have looked at the book inside and ou

is the route pattern 6520 in a partition ? If yes, then the pstn gateway (MGCP or h323) should have a CSS with access to this partition. Do you see the isdn q931 debugs, 6520 as the digits coming in ?

HTH

Yes it is in a partition and it looks to be okay.. I will run the debug and see.

Am I mising something in the config..

All I need on cm is a h323 gw. and a route pattern??

The q931 trace shows unallocated number...

I get 10 digits from the co and I only use 4 on the gateway,

I have tried route patterns of 4 , 7 , 10 digits and I get the same thing,, Am I missing something on MPE

Ok, lets see if your configuration is correct.

a. You have a MGCP based gateway (h323 based gateway) that terminates your PRI. It has a CSS for inbound calls which has access to partition P1. Device pool for this gateway uses a region that does g711 to the region used by device pool of H323 gateway/trunk to MPE. If this gateway is in a remote branch, then you may be using g729 codec with the MPE trunk/gateway. This will require transcoding resources. You also have significant digits set to 4.

b. You have a route pattern 6520 in partition P1. It points to a route list or directly the H323 gateway to MPE.

c. In the MPE h323 gateway or trunk, if the device pool uses a region that does g711 with the PSTN gateway in step 1, no need to check the box "Media termination point required". Otherwise check this box and make sure this trunk or h323 gateway have access to a transcoder resource. (defined in MRGL). You may optionally uncheck the "Wait for far end h245 capability check". Specify the ip address of the gateway or trunk as ip address of MPE server (voice interface). Reset the trunk.

d. In MPE h323 gateway configuration, add ip address of Publisher and subscriber as call processing servers. Go to System Config-> Call Config-> H323 config, set the following parameters.

i. H323 enabled - Yes

ii. E164 address - 6520

iii. Use gatekeeper No

iv. H323 gateway 1 - < ip of subscriber>

v. H323 gateway 2 -

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Thanks for the nice replies here is what I got I am banging my head.

I have no remote Branches..

I have a css that contains two partitions , phones and system that css is css-inbound-trunks. This is my pri mgcp gateway.

Set to handle 4 digits.

my MPE gateway uses same css inbound trunks,

It's IP address is the MPE

The route pattern is in the system partition

6250 is the pattern.

The MPE gateway is setup exactly as you mentioned,

The MPE doesnt need anything special to answer

Thanks again for the detail

Mike,

Check in your route plan report, and see if there is more than one 6250 pattern (perhaps a DN).

Can you call MPE from an ip phone on the inside ?

am so silly I just restarted the DBL and CM services on bot pub and sub and all is okay..

Thank you very much.....

Make sure that the phones partition can be reached from the gatewway.

My issue I resolved by restarting the dbl and callmanager services but the key os to make sure all the css's and partitions line up

Views
Helpful
Replies