cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetingplace Express url redirect

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

I have an outside url pointing to my meetingplace express server. When typing in the outside url it redirects me back to the internal url for meetingplace, which I can not resolve when outside the organization. If I type the complete url and add /public/attendMeetings.jsf to the end everything works fine. I found a url redirect statement in the following location (/opt/cisco/meetingplace_express/tomcat/current/etc/webconf.properties) and changed it from the internal url to the outside url but it is still redirecting. My internal DNS server has the correct settings. Is there something else that I missing in Meetingplace Express, is there another location where the redirecting is taking place? Thanks for any help.

2 Replies 2

Travis Cassell
Level 1
Level 1

You need to locate the server.xml file and modify it. Before modifying the file make a backup. Inside the server.xml file do a search for your hostname (ex. meetingplace). Ours is meetingplace.domain.com but when you search in the serverl.xml it only says meeting place for the http. Modify that line and add the .domain.com. Save the file and reboot meetingplace so it loads the xml file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: