cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetMe Security

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We are using CallManager 3.3 and 7940 IP phones. We implemented MeetMe conference call capability. However, the set up is once the host sign into the MeetMe then whoever knows that direct number can also dial that number and get on into the conference call. Is there anyway that I can set a password for callers to dial before they can get on? We are worrying some outsiders dial that number and then just get into our private meeting. Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the number you assign to the dummy phone, 4100, is a DID, then YES, external callers can reach the number, and join the MeetMe. But like all other users, they have to speak their name and then it is upto a conference participant to allow them or deny them.

If you do not want external callers to access the MeetMe, then do not assign a DID to that dummy phone.

With this method, if you have 10 meetme numbers, you have to do the process for all 10 meetme numbers that you want to secure.

Please remember to rate the post and let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Partha

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Please check this post. It uses Unity and CCM. The callers should speak their name to be allowed to join the MeetMe conference.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.eea84b2/4#selected_message

If you are looking for something which generates dynamic password for every conference call, then you have to use cisco conference connection. Otherwise Unity can be configured to have static password for every MeetMe number. Let me know if the speaking of name works fine for you.

Thanks,

Partha

Not applicable

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. One question, will this also work for ourside caller to dial xxx-xxx-4100 and then to sign in? Thanks.

If the number you assign to the dummy phone, 4100, is a DID, then YES, external callers can reach the number, and join the MeetMe. But like all other users, they have to speak their name and then it is upto a conference participant to allow them or deny them.

If you do not want external callers to access the MeetMe, then do not assign a DID to that dummy phone.

With this method, if you have 10 meetme numbers, you have to do the process for all 10 meetme numbers that you want to secure.

Please remember to rate the post and let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Partha