cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Memory Leak

ajones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have Unity 3.0(3)<br>Wndows 2000<br>Exchange 2000<br>and I experienced a memory leak where I had to reboot.. hard reboot my system..It is up now..Prior to that It had been up for well over a month on Jan 02 I recieved an error<br><br>Event Type: Error<br>Event Source: Srv<br>Event Category: None<br>Event ID: 2019<br>Date: 1/2/2002<br>Time: 7:19:18 PM<br>User: N/A<br>Computer: VATCVM01<br>Description:<br>The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty. <br><br>Is there a fix for memory leaks with this build...<br><br><br>Amy Jones<br>Senior Systems Analyst<br>AAC Associates<br>703-918-6394

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

It sounds like CSCdv86261.

Here is the release note from that DDTS..

Symptom: New log files will not be opened each night and paged pool and
np pool for all Unity process may appear to leak.

Conditions: The paged, np pool will appear to leak, only if no new
files have been opened in a few days.

Workaround: Use maestro tools to "Open Next" diag file. This will flush
out the paged and np pool for the time being.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

ajones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Steve...Will this be something that I should do on a regular basis or will be doing open next solve the problem?

Amy Jones
Senior Systems Analyst
AAC Associates
703-918-6394

Not applicable

The OpenNext would need to be periodically hit. Bummer, huh? I'd recommend opening a TAC case for this. Since you are already at 3.0.3, there is a hotfix that TAC should be able to give you to fix the issue.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

ajones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you so much

Amy Jones
Senior Systems Analyst
AAC Associates
703-918-6394

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: