cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Memory Requirements for CallManager

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, can anyone tell me where is the registry the upgrade to 4.1(3) looks to verify the memory requirements? I have a lab MCS7825 and need to get it to 4.1(3) but of course HQ is taking forever to aprove the memory purchase. I just need to edit this in the registry to get it to run. Please note this is not a rquest for the hacks to get CallManager loaded on a non-approved box and not in a production envirnoment. This is a lab box wth only 2 phones on it.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Try the following steps. This should do the trick. Shutting down PerfMon and using Prognosis to stop and start the Remote Registry Service releases the handles. IRDLLCOL within Prognosis will stop and start if it is using too much memory. No

workaround for normal usage by PerfMon or Remote Registry.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Angel,

How much memory does it have at present ? I have installed 4.1.2 sr1 on a DL320 (old one) with 1.13Ghz and 1 gig ram on lab, CPU utils hit every 5-10 seconds 100 %, so the server was a bit slow in responding. But phones work great without issues under lab environments. I am not sure if upgrade to 4.13 will be seemless at this point on my lab server. So why do you have to edit the registry ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello Shanky,

I have 512MB of RAM on the server and it is telling me that 1GB of RAM is required. I have bypassed min. requirements before by editing the registry temporarily to show faster CPU, more RAM, etc. to get a program to install but the 4.1(3) upgrade process is looking somewhere for the amount of RAM that I am not familiar with. I have changed it everywhere that I can see but it still reads accurate.

Thanks for the reply

You probably did already edit the keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Cisco Systems->Model ->Memory from 512 to 1024.

Lets try editing this one too.

Go to Start->Run->regedit

Go under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Cisco Systems, Inc.-> System Info -> Memory -> from 512 to 1024.

Let me know if that works!

PS: This neednt work, because Cisco knows that people will edit the reg entry, they could have made the software wizard for CM413 installation such that it does a memory check directly from the h/w, rather than checking reg. key.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello Shanky,

thanks for the response. Those edits did not do it.

Thanks just the same!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: