cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meridian M1 opt 61c & Cisco 2621 Voice gateway?

gstrilchk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I've been reading through knowledge base articles on both Nortel's site and here at Cisco, but none seem to answer my question fully, which is:

How difficult is it, or is it possible to interconnect a Cisco 2621 Router with an FXO VIC to a Nortel Meridian M1 option 61c?

I have read a number of articles about VoIP/PBX intergration, but most are geared towards voice enabling the Meridian, and using digital signalling (E1, Q.931 etc.). Unfortunately, this PBX is older, ( mid 1990s) and is running X11 version 19.

My knowledge regarding the PBX is lacking, therefore an idea of what hardware is needed to make this work would help. FXO is the desired solution, but other equipment for the router ( VIC, NM etc.) could be purchased, if nessascary.

Could somebody point me to a document that may be of help?

2 Replies 2

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

If you have an available station port on the PBX then yes this would work. Are you trying to integrate with a Call Manager, or strictly VOIP? Our installation was with a Call Manager. There are issues however, lack of caller-id, and disconnect issues if memory serves (did this once about 2 years ago).

There wasn't any docs supporting this configuration, this was a "thinking outside the box" scenario we came up with for our client.

Hope this helps.

Yes, we are using Call Manager, we should have no problem then.

The thing that is really beginning to frustrate me is the fact that i have just about no documentation for the Meridian, and i'm not looking to purchase any.

Was there any creative configuration done on the Meridian that you can recall?

I'm assuming the gateway configuration was pretty standard.

Thanks