Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Message Addressing, No matching names.

We have a Unity 3.1.5 on Exch 2000 Sp2. When in a mailbox and addressing a message by name ( Last name or First name ) the system responds with 'Sorry no matching names. Try a different spelling'. The only mailbox that is found is the System Event Messages mailbox and there is over 400 users on the system. Addressing by extension and the Directory handler ( addressing by extension or name ) work fine.

Please advise.

Thanks

10 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Message Addressing, No matching names.

The only thing I can think of that would cause this is if the location object for the system got messed up some how and the system didn’t believe that local users were really local users.

Is this problem new or has it always existed? Have you ever done a backup and restore or anything funky like that? Can you try running DBWalker to see if it gives you any errors? Also, in the location object what do you have your search scope set to? (Local, Dial Domain, Global)

Thanks,

Keith

Hi.

Yes we did a full backup and restore last night to reconfigure two unity servers for digital networking and we implemented the optional conversation. The system was working fine up until the restore

Everything else is working fine on the system, you can address by name for transfer, but not for message delivery. We have the search scope set to Global.

thanks

jim

Gold

Can you run DBwalker and post any errors referring to location objects?

Thanks,

Keith

hello

No problems found in the location object walk. edited output below:

Running dbWalker version:3.0.54

0:0:Search for '(error)' or '(warning)' to find logged errors and warnings.

Starting walk at:09/05/2003 05:11:21

Local Unity Version=3.1(5.0)

Local server name= HAYES

================================================================

Storage Info

Unity is logging diagnostic and data files to: d:\CommServer\logs

That drive has:

9088.9 Megs total

7080.08 Megs free

77.9% available free space

Unity is temporarily storing voice messages for UMR to: d:\CommServer\UnityMTA\

That drive has:

9088.9 Megs total

7080.08 Megs free

77.9% available free space

*** Starting subscriber walk ***

Alias=AHill

Display Name=A HILL

Jump to this subscriber in the SA using this link: Open SA to this subscriber

COS Alias=Subscriber

Location Object Alias=default

1207:(error) Voice name WAV file missing. Path referenced for file=d:\CommServer\Stream Files\AHill_SubName_002676ae.wav

Location object display name=Hayes

Subscriber is assigned to language=English (United Kingdom)

User set to switch ID= 1

Subscriber has no private lists

Alias=CParkinson

Display Name=ROBERT RISI

COS Alias=defaultsubscriber

1207:(error) Voice name WAV file missing. Path referenced for file=d:\CommServer\Stream Files\CParkinson_SubName_0026503a.wav

User set to switch ID= 1

Alias=DLINEHAN

Display Name=DONAL LINEHAN

1520:(error) subscriber has NULL for their primary call handler reference - this is not a valid subscriber. Please contact TAC.

1342:(error) COS reference is NULL. You can fix this by selecting a valid COS object on the profile page for this subscriber in the SA.

Voice name WAV file path=d:\CommServer\Stream Files\DLINEHAN _SubName_002544d5.wav

User set to switch ID= 1

etc...

*** Starting directory handler walk ***

*** Starting interview handler walk ***

*** Starting location object walk ***

*** Starting Distribution List walk ***

*** Starting routing rules walk ***

Rule Name=Live Record

Rule Name=Attempt Forward to Greeting

Rule Name=Attempt Sign-In

Rule Name=Default Call Handler

Set to go to call handler with alias=openinggreetingch

*** Starting DTMFAccessID Table walk ***

1559 entries checked.

Database walk complete at:09/05/2003 05:13:03

Errors Found: 54

Fixed Count: 0

Warning Count: 13

Cisco Employee

please try running the latest dbWalker as Keith suggested. You can get the latest version here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DirectoryWalker3.htm

this might turn up some clues.

hi

We ran DBWalker 3.0.54 no location id errors were reported.

FYI the Unity boxes are in the same domain and networked, the other box is working fine. When I do a subscriber search in the SA on the box that is working i get a search all servers tick box on the poorly server i dont get that option.

jim

Hello -

Do your subscribers have the "List in phone directory" option checked? If this is unchecked for a subscriber on the Profile Page, you will get the message "Sorry, no matching names". I think the same thing will occur if a subscriber has not recorded a spoken name yet.

Best wishes, Ginger

I have Unity 4.0 with Exch 2000 Sp3 and I'm having almost the exactly the same issue. 13 of the 33 users I have in my test group are not listed when dial by name is used. Everyone was setup using the same subscriber template and they are all "list in directory" enabled. In fact, other than their name and DN, evry other setting is EXACTLY the same for each user. I have done nothing strange, this is a fresh install with all new users - no migrations.

Cisco Employee

remember, for outside callers finding people by name, subscribers _must_ have a voice name recorded - this would not be there from the subscriber template - you would have had to record a voice name for them. This is very likely your issue - you should be able to check that easily.

For subscribers addressing to other subscribers by name this is not necessary as it'll just use the extension number as confirmation if no voice name is given - this doesn't work for outside callers since if they knew the extension number that you were verifying with they wouldn't be going t hrough the name lookup handler to begin with...

That's it! Thanks!!!

Views
Helpful
Replies