cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message button on IP Phone

a.vijayasekar
Level 1
Level 1

The message button on the IP Phone instead of going to the Voice mail DN,goes to a CTI Port and rings with no answer.When the Voice mail DN is dialed directly,we can get into the Voice mail system just fine.The Voice mail system is non-cisco.This had been working before.Is there something we need to enter in the messages url?The CCM is 3.1(3a).

Thanks

Anu

4 Replies 4

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

The messages button DN is controlled by going to Service > Service Parameters > pick you server then pick the CallManager service. At the very bottom is a setting call VoiceMail. The number for the voicemail box should be there. If it is wrong, change it. I don't remember if you have to reboot the phones and stop/start CallManager service, but you may.

Rick

rchapee
Level 1
Level 1

Does this non-Cisco VM use IP or does it have a physical port? I am just asking because you said when calls it rings a CTI port and I was wondering where that came from. Look at the messages URL on the IP phone network configuration under settings and see where it points (I have not worked with 3.1 for a while so hopefully that is there).

** www.iptnetworkers.com **

Yes.The non-Cisco VM uses IP.The messages url is blank.Should it have a specific value.Blank means the default location.Am I right?The Voice mail value in the service parameters is the correct Voice mail DN only.

Thanks

Anu

The messagees URL under system ->enterprise parameters should be left blank. It is for future use.

You need to go under service-service parameters, select a CallManager server, select "Cisco CallManager" service, go to the bottom of the page and change the VoiceMail parameter to the number that should be dialed. This does require you to stop and start CallManager. Repeat this for every server in your cluster (does not get replicated automatically).

The Messages button is basically a speed dial, and the number it calls is defined in the VoiceMail service parameter. If you have this set correctly on all servers in your cluster, and have restarted CallManager on each, this should work the same as dialing the number manually.