cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

message button

jose_gomez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ccm4.x and when I press the message button, I get nothing. What do I have to check for making an IP phone call to unity when the message button is pressed?

I checked a link in cisco.com that suggested to configure the voice mail DN under callmanager service parameter, but that link referred to ccm3.x and I did not find such parameter anyway.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

You would need to do the following

1. Add a Voicemail Pilot

2. Add a Voicemail Profile and select the Voicemail Pilot

3. In the Phone line settings, select the Voicemail Profile

Regards,

Anup

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

You would need to do the following

1. Add a Voicemail Pilot

2. Add a Voicemail Profile and select the Voicemail Pilot

3. In the Phone line settings, select the Voicemail Profile

Regards,

Anup

Thank you, the Phone had the default profile but since I checked my profile as the default for the system I thought it was going to work, but as soon as I explicitly assign my profile to the phone, it worked just fine.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

To add to the above post, what version CM do you have. A recent install of 4.13 (no SRs) had this problem where, after following the steps mentioned above, still messages button would not function. Had to upgrade to SR3a to make it to work.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

FYI

CSCsb18048

Symptom:

Directory number(DN) configuration page has 'voicemail' box checked for forward no answer and forward busy, but calls do not route to voicemail.

Conditions:

When the voicemail box is checked for forwarding on the directory number configuration page the calling search space(CSS) of the configured voicemail pilot is used. If that CSS does not indluce the partition of the voicemail pilot number calls will fail. If that CSS=None, then the CSS of the originating device is used.

Workaround:

Configure the appropraite CSS on the voicemail pilot.

Make sure the DN is configured to use the correct voicemail profile and therefore voicemail pilot.

Make sure to use the voicemail check boxes for call forwarding options.