cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

message delievery

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Unity 3.1.2 server with Exchange2K on seperate servers. When a phone to phone call is placed and the caller leaves a voice mail the message show up in the users mailbox, if you call in from the outside world, dial the ext., you get the users greeting and can leave a message however the message never shows up anywhere. Any ideas?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Check the Unaddressed Messages distribution list to see if messages are getting forwarded there for some reason (doubt it if you can leave messages for users sub to sub to those same boxes).

I suspect an MTA issue. I'm guessing those messages are hanging out in Exchange's MTA on the Exchange server Unity is hooked up to and Exchange is having problems delivering it (DNS issue, RPC bindback stuff etc...). Check the event log on the Exchange server we're hooked up to (could be on our box) and look for MTA/RPC errors in there.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I'm getting the AvUMR_MC thread error, Event ID 101, this happens when I leave a message from the outside.

Not applicable

little follow up here... I went and looked that error code up in the error log document I have on the general tools page of AnswerMonkey (very handy). From that doc:

=======================
EVT_UMR_METHOD_HRESULT 0x000000065 (65 hex is 101 decimal)

This error can show up looking like this “Submit() returned [0x80070057] on line 348 of file C:\CommSvr\sources\UnityUMR\AvUMRSyncSvr\UMRThread.cpp.” This means a message could not be delivered to the mail store for some reason beyond our control. The message then moves to the “failed” directory under \commserver\UnityMTA so it does not block all other messages after it.
====================

Check the failed directory under the UnityMTA directory and we can start from there. There'll be a text file and wav file pair in there for each message... we'll want to look at the text file which will have the recipient information in it. That's a place to start.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks, this is whats going on. I deleted the first message in the MTA dir. and stopped and restarted the service and all is good. The message was for a user that was created a few days before the problem started and was in a distribution list. What about that account could cause this?
Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: