Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

message distortion

I am getting distorted Messages when the caller is speaking loudly. This is on 3 sites. All on version 2.45 and CCM, TAPI ver 24. I have read a few posts on this subject and they all seem to indicate that altering the Playback/Record gain values would do the trick. Is there any other solutions\causes\remedies? <br><br>Having read up on the posts I believe default settings should be :-<br><br>payback :0xFFFFFFF6<br>record :0x00000005<br><br>I have checked 1 of our systems and the settings are default.<br><br>Has any one actually fixed the problem by altering gain levels? If so could some one tell me what they changed.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: message distortion

Is this happening for internal callers, external callers or both?

You probably want to snag the quieter base line prompt set for Unity and lower your record adjustment instead of raising it as you've indicated in your post. The goal is to get the recording level as close to the base prompt level as possible and adjust from there. Sounds like the recording volume is too high and it's distorting as a result.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content