Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Message Envelope Skip behaviour change from 2.4.6 to 4.0.2

On our old Unity 2.4.6 system we were able to hit # to skip the message envelope properties playback and get to the message. In 4.0.2 that option no longer apperas to exist. Is there some secret registry key to put this back? I checked the Advanced Settings Tool, but I couldn't find anything. Can anyone help me out? The user complaints are driving me crazy.

Thanks

Cliff

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Message Envelope Skip behaviour change from 2.4.6 to 4.0.2

Yes, this behavior changed since the number of #s you had to press to skip through a message was varied and it caused confusion - if there was a header to play you needed to press ## if not just # - the trailing time stamp option also caused problems.

In 4.0(1) and later you can adjust what plays before the message and after the message on a per user basis such that folks that don't want to hear the envelope don't have to hear it - the envelope itself is pretty short (usually just the sender's name and an optional message number) so if folks are pounding through that because they don't want to hear it, why not turn it off for them?

Views
Helpful
Replies