cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

message left on second line

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

If user have second line on his IP phone, how can I assure the message left on it is actually going to his mailnbox?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm sure there are ways you can do this from the phone switch side but one easy way to deal with it is to just add the 2nd line Id as an alternate extension for the subscriber. Each subscriber can have up to 10 IDs (and 10 MWI numbers as well) and calls that forward from either number would end up going to the same mailbox.

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

With Call Manager 3.1, you can specify the mailbox extension on that line. It can be completely different than the line's extension. When a call is made to Unity from that line, a special value (the cpgn- or cgpn-voicemail field) is passed to Unity that tells it the mailbox to log into.

With Call Manager 3.2, you can control this using voice mail profiles.

I think jeff's suggestion is the easiest and most logical, though. As much voice mail configuration as possible should be kept on the voice mail server.

adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: