Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Message Notifacation

I am trying to get message notification to a pager to work when a voicemail is revieved. We are not getting notified and we went through basic troubleshooting on the web "Message Notification Troubleshooting Guide" Is there something additional that needs to be set up to enable this feature.<br><br>

11 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Message Notifacation

If MWI is working and message notification is not, then there is most likely some confguration issue. If MWI is also not working, there might be more to the problem. Is MWI working? For the notification, was it "enabled" by default, they'll be disabled and that is something that gets missed a lot.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

MWI is on and working. I have selected the mailbox to ENABLE message notification. I have tried text pager 1 and pager 1.

Both seem to not work. Any Ideas?

Anonymous
N/A

What type of pager notification is needed? Text or alpha-numeric?

Is any type of notifciation working? I you enable message notification to some one's desk phone, does that work? Also, what's the integration type being used?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Right now no message notification works. Need help!

Anonymous
N/A

So MWI works, but message notification does not? SA ports page has ports set to dial out? What's the integration type? It it's CCM, place an IP phone into the same CSS as Unity and attempt to call the number that is listed on the notification page.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

When I place a phone in the same Calling Search Space I am able to dial the desired number.

Any Ideas

One concern, under my Port settings in unity I have no extensions specified on the four ports. Does their need to be extensions there and if so what do they need to be?

Gold

No, an extension should not be needed. Can you test with a local IP phone extension that Unity is able to turn MWI on for? Let's make sure an IP phone can get notification before we go for outside phones.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

If testing MW indicator for IP phone, you mean, when someone gets a message in voicemail the MW indicator lights up on their phone, then yes that works.

If you mean I have tested message notification to another phone other than the extension I am leaving voice mail for then I have not successfully got that to work.

Gold

Please test message notification (not MWI) to an internal phone if you have not yet done so.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

I have now successfully got internal message notification to another IP phone. Now I just need to figure out why it is not sending messages outbound either to numeric pager or alpha-numeric pager.

Anonymous
N/A

Before you try to do alpha-numeric pager notification, try to get message delivery successfully working to an external phone.

Text pager messages will use SMTP and have nothing to do with telephony type notifcation like dialing out to a desk phone, external phone or alpha-numeric pager.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies