cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message notification failure

paul.goulding
Level 1
Level 1

We have Unity 4.0(3) with a failover server in a UM Exchange 2000 environment and had a situation last week where people in the afternoon were not getting messages, the following morning, there was a requirement to bounce the primary server and therefore I failed it over to the secondary, at this moment, all the missing messages were delivered. I checked the event logs on the primary and couldn't see anthing strange. Does anyone know what would have happened to the messages prior to the server being bounced?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without some more info here it'll be hard to speculate on what was going on - one thing I've seen is folks that have inadvertently shut down the UMR service (this is the guy responsible for delivering outside caller messages) - if that had been turned off internal subscriber to subscriber messages would be getting delivered but outside caller messages would be stacking up in the \commserver\UnityMTA directory.

But that's really just a shot in the dark with no error messages or traces or the like to work with here...

Hi, thanks for the response. This seemed to be affecting all callers, not just external calls. I decided to setup a scheduled restart for the early hours and the same thing happened. It has something to do with resync mailboxes. I've run a trace and you can clearly see the messages being delivered after the reboot. There doesn't seem to be any error messages recorded in the event viewer that would indicate a service stopping. See Log file below.

[Thread 6228] Begin resynching subscriber mailboxes. 324 mailboxes are scheduled for synchronization. (null)

data Data file opened 2004-02-25 20:16:50

2004-02-25 20:16:50,McBride Cindy C.,84434,4,2,,,2004-02-25 20:16:50,1,,0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: