cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification - Home

JoshMiller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,<br><br>Version Info: <br> --CM 3.1.2c w/ Engineering Special<br> --TSP 3.0.4<br> --Unity 2.4.6.135<br> --3640 IOS 12.2.(5a).<br> --Exchange 5.5 SP4 (2 Servers in site including Unity)<br><br>I have a user who is unable to use the "Home" message notification. When a message is received, the call is placed by Unity and connected. However, when the user attempts to login to their voicemail on this call, no digits are recognized by Unity. I did "debug voice ccapi inout" on the gateway (3640) and the keypresses are recognized by the gateway.<br><br>Calls dialed to the main number (where Unity is AA) are able to access voicemail without a problem.<br><br>Message notification to a pager works fine.<br><br>Any help would be appreciated!<br><br>Josh Miller<br><br>

7 Replies 7

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Even though you see the DTFM digits in the ccapi inout does not mean that the gateway is actually relaying them in h.245. Try adding the command 'incoming called number .' to a dial-peer with the 'dtfm-relay h245-alphanumeric' command applied.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Before I apply the "incoming called number" could you clear something up for me?

The Unity is calling out, therefore the gateway will use a dial-peer pots statement (the call is going out a local port to a PRI.) However, dial-peer pots statements do not allow the dtmf-relay command.

Therefore, I must apply the combination of command you recommended to a dial-peer voip statement which doesn't seem like it would affect the calls in question.

Could you clarify for me? Thanks much!

Not applicable

It's not done on the POTS side, it's done on the IP side. So what usually happens is that a site that has a line DID'd to Unity has one dial-peer that might look like this

dial-peer voip 1001
destination-patter 1001
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

So incoming calls take the characteristics of dial-peer tag 1001. This is the case even if the call forwards at voice mail from 1001 to 1002 to 1003 and so on. DTMF always works (because no matter which port of voice mail they land on, dial-peer 1001 is always used).

Now let's say that this configuration is an 8 port system and port 8 does dial-outs (and it's DN is 1008). Since 1008 doesn't match the destination-pattern of 1001, it won't get dial-peer 1001's characteristics (and no DTMF relay, since it's not on by default).

An easy way to work around this would be to make the destination pattern "100." or just make separate and equal dial-peers for all DNs of the voice mail system.

I have run into this in the lab and have sent other sites successfully in this direction. Let us know if it helps.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Hello,

I tried this

dial-peer voice 171 voip
destination-pattern 42..
progress_ind setup enable 3
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:10.1.0.21
dtmf-relay h245-signal h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad

Unity ports are 4201 - 4208. Server is 10.1.0.21. I also added a dial-peer for the secondary CM.

Did I read your e-mail and apply it to the dial-peer correctly? This is a new dial-peer.

I'm sorry - to add to my last post. I've added this and it is still not working. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

Not applicable

If you have tried just "h245-alphanumeric" for the dtmf-relay (not both), and it still doesn't work, I'd give TAC a call. This can be done, there's just a config step that has yet to be addressed.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Hi Steve,

Thanks much. I had misread/misunderstood your statement. In addition, I was wrong on the commands available on a dial-peer voip statement.

For the benefit of future viewers, the solution to this problem is adding "incoming called-number ." to your dial-peer voip statements. Yes, these statements must include the dtmf-relay command as well. I've pasted the entire dial-peer statement below that is working on my router.

Thanks for your help Steve and Keith!

dial-peer voice 101 voip
preference 1
incoming called-number .
destination-pattern 57..
progress_ind setup enable 3
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:
dtmf-relay h245-signal h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad

Enjoy!