cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification not working in Unity

randerso
Level 1
Level 1

CallManager v3.1(1), Unity v2.4(6.135) and TSP v3.0(0.7). Can't seem to trigger a pager when a message is left on the Unity voice mail. I have watched the port status, but don't see Unity even attempt to dial the pager. Any ideas what to look for?

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you gotten other forms of message notification to work for the subscriber? For instance, have it call your IP or regular phone... have it send email, etc. Also, does the MWI lamp on the phone light up at least?

I haven't tried any other form of notification. But the MWI lamp works correctly. Should Unity be turning on a port and attempting to send a dial string to CallManager? Would I see this attempt watching the port status monitor?

Unity comes preset with certain dialout restrictions to prevent toll fraud.

By default, long distance & international dial patterns (91*, 9011*) are prohibited. Have you tried a local number to see if that works? If you're trying to dial a toll free number it might be restricted by the dial pattern.

You can also check Unity's restrictions in the Restriction Table link from the main menu of the SA. You could either add an allowance for your test number, or else remove the long distance restriction in the Default Outdial table (not recommended if you're worried about subscribers setting up long distance notification!)

Scott Morgan

Cisco Systems

Thanks Scott, I think that the Restriction Table was the trick. I put in an allowance for the numbers here (ALL calling is now 10 digit) and the notification now works!