Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Message Notification via smtp

we are using unity 3.1(5) and are wanting to implement message notification for some vm boxes. we do not use the vm server as our email server..I have done a bit of research on this and posted to several news groups with no avail...I am posting my last response in this group to "hopefully" save some time...please reply to if you have any suggestions:

I have found out what the problem is but I don't know how to solve the queue on the exchange server the sent from has the following in it:

/o=Lourdes Unity VM/ou=Lourdes VM/cn=Recipients/cn=Unity_LOUVM1

If i send a message from an outlook client to the exchange server it delivers fine (even to the same address i try to send to the notification to ...) in the queue it have this in the sent from :

"Joseph P. Harbison \(Unity\)"

this message is delivered no problem...if i look in the logs is see is the reason for all messages not being delivered...:

Final-Recipient: rfc822;

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;500 5.1.7 Invalid or missing sender SMTP address

X-Display-Name: ''

which would leave me to believe exchange does not like the sent from address that unity is using...can I change this...

Community Member

Re: Message Notification via smtp

The problem was that the unity system account (one that the services run under was part of a different domain (vender setup)...this account did not have a smtp address assigned to it.

CreatePlease to create content