Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Message Notification

My goal is to have Unity dial a primary pager when a message arives. If the person holding the primary pager dials in and recieves the message within 20 minutes nothing further happens. Should the message not be accessed after the 20 minutes another notification goes out to a secondary pager, and after 40 minutes if the message is still new, then a cell phone is called. Is this possible?

I have set up Message Notification to dial a primary pager when mail arrives, and configured it to dial a secondary pager should the first not answer. However , the pager company always answers, regardles of if the pager is out of range, so the secondary pager and cell phone are never called. The first pager will continue to get paged until the message is picked up. I can enable all three, but then all of them get a call immediatly.

Thanks,

John Larsen

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Message Notification

sure, you can do this. That's what the "send initial notification after how many minutes" field is for on the notification devices.

You'd setup your first device as normal - have it dial out right away when a new message arrives. Setup a 2nd notification device to dial another number (presumably the first guy's supervisor or the like) and set it up to wait 20 minutes before dialing - Unity will check to be sure there is still a message there before it dials out so if the first person called in and checked, the 2nd notification device wont dial out.

You can, of course, use 3 or 4 devices to have escallations at 20, 40, 60, etc... minutes - that's the idea behind that setting.

Re: Message Notification

Thanks!

I knew it would be something really easy, it always is. I have been staring at that screen all day.

Thanks again,

John

Views
Helpful
Replies