cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Retrieval from other extension/PSTN Numbers

cyber_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to use Unity as Voice mail. Can you guide me that how person (with extn 5012) can access his mail from extension 5011. Also What to be done when I want subscribers to retrieve Voice/e-mails from their home.

2 Replies 2

Just dial the number for the voicemail, and press '*' as soon as Unity plays the welcome-prompt.

Unity will then ask for your extension and pin-code

m.lacroix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

if your user want to retrieve their voice mail from another extension, they simply need to press the "*" and the password prompt.

The unity system return to the main login process and ask for an ID and a Password. Then the users are able to log in and take's their messages.

To take voice mail from the outside you have 2 different ways

1- users call their own extension and at the personnal greating they press "*" and the system go the login prompt. Of course you need to setup the caller input key to link with the "Connection sequence".

2- you can have a special directory number that link directly to the login process thru the unity. Simply create a virtual IP Phone with a call forward all to the unity create a routing rule for this extension to route call from the virtual DN to the "connection process".

have a nice day

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: