Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Message Retrieval from other extension/PSTN Numbers

I am able to use Unity as Voice mail. Can you guide me that how person (with extn 5012) can access his mail from extension 5011. Also What to be done when I want subscribers to retrieve Voice/e-mails from their home.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Message Retrieval from other extension/PSTN Numbers

Just dial the number for the voicemail, and press '*' as soon as Unity plays the welcome-prompt.

Unity will then ask for your extension and pin-code

Re: Message Retrieval from other extension/PSTN Numbers

Hi,

if your user want to retrieve their voice mail from another extension, they simply need to press the "*" and the password prompt.

The unity system return to the main login process and ask for an ID and a Password. Then the users are able to log in and take's their messages.

To take voice mail from the outside you have 2 different ways

1- users call their own extension and at the personnal greating they press "*" and the system go the login prompt. Of course you need to setup the caller input key to link with the "Connection sequence".

2- you can have a special directory number that link directly to the login process thru the unity. Simply create a virtual IP Phone with a call forward all to the unity create a routing rule for this extension to route call from the virtual DN to the "connection process".

have a nice day

Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.