cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message store naming problems

thorster
Level 1
Level 1

Prior to completing a Unity installation, the name of the message stores were changed. The problem is that Unity points to Exchange and lists the old names. I have tried to reboot Unity 2 x and even reinstalled the Unity Software and it still comes up with the old names. This is Unity 3.1.5 with E2K. Where is Unity getting the old names from that its using ??

3 Replies 3

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good question. It's kind of goofy. A MailStore object in AD has several "names". The attributes include...

adminDisplayName

cn

displayName

distinguishedName

name

When the name of the MailStore is changed through the Exchange Admin, all of these attributes change to reflect the newly named MailStore with the exception of displayName. When Unity enumerates the MailStores to display a choice of which to pick, guess what attribute it uses (the only one that does not change, displayName).

This is CSCdy7559. I think that if you pick the "old" name, it's not going to work properly. The best course of action would be to contact TAC so that Cisco can provide an Engineering Special (a simple patch) for this issue, or we can try to manually tweak things manually. Or, you can temporarily change the name back.

If you can provide me with WTS access, I can go in there and tweak things to get Unity going. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer but I have to open a TAC case..wish me luck!