Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Message that Mailbox is Full

I received a message from one of our Sr. V.P.s that he received a message from his voice mail that it was full, but he only had 18 messages and we do not have size limitations in Exchange. We have a backup run of Exchange around the time that he was accessing it. Any Ideas?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Message that Mailbox is Full

When we go to access you mailbox (and again when you go to create a new message) we ask Exchange if either of the mailbox limits are reached (almost full and full). If the return code coming back indicates they have been, we either warn you to clear out your mailbox or don’t let you send a message out depending on which level you’re at.

If you guys have no limits set on the mailbox in question, I’m not real sure why we’d be getting one of those return codes back. I can’t say if Exchange were in “backup mode” if they would falsely send back an error code like that… I tried this on my box using Backup Exec and I’m able to send and receive voice mails fine while the backup is in progress so I’m a little skeptical that has anything to do with it… I just can’t rule it out, however.

I’ll poke around tech net and see if anything pops up.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content