cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message volume issu

Erik Peterson
Level 4
Level 4

Running Unity 3.1.5, CCM 312 only. Users in a branch office connected via full T1, with LLQ. Codec throughout is G.711. Users in branch office only report message volume declines through message till it becomes inaudible. Branch office PSTN connection is four FXO ports in a 2651. AGC settings all look good.

They've complained of numerous issues as well, so I'm having the cabling checked, but want to see else we might look at, maybe span the Unity switch port and capture a message before it hits Unity?

3 Replies 3

k.mohl
Level 1
Level 1

Adjust the Attenuation and Gain settings on the Gateway to achieve desired decibel level.

Trick is, volume levels for calls are fine, only vm is an issue.

I am having the same problem.

Did using the Set Volume utility work? There are many posts about this issue, but no one says what fixed it, or whether anything fixed it.

The volume on 99.5% of my calls and messages are fine. It is just the small minority that have a problem with volume fade out. I am hesitant to start changing my volume levels when most calls are fine.

If anyone knows how someone actually fixed this I would love to know.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron Gabrielson

aaron_gabrielson@hotmail.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: