cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Waiting Lamp ?

mcroft
Level 1
Level 1

A message waiting lamp or voice mail has never been configured.

1) The MWL is "on" the IP Phone, what does this mean ?

2) I assume a voice message can't be left if the MWI has not been configured ?

any help appreciated

thanks for reading

Matt C

6 Replies 6

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) MWI does not come on unless a DN has been configured

2) VM can be left even though MWI has not been configured.

I don't know what software you are using so I am referring to CallManager for question 1 and Unity for question 2.

I've got the same problem -- was this ever resolved?

Mike A

Mike:

If you have a Unity-->Callmanager integration problem, please refer to this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guides_list.html

and look for the relevant version.

Cisco CallManager 3.x Integration Guide for Cisco Unity x.x

Do you have MWI that used to work but does not work anymore? or

Do you have MWI that was never config'd?

MWI does not come on the CCM phones unless you have at very least config'd the MWI-On and MWI-Off code on CCM.

H. M.

I'm pretty certain the MWI light came on because the user dialled the MWI-On code by accident -- his DN and the MWI-On DN differed by interchanging 2 digits. I had him dial MWI-Off and the light cleared, of course. This suggests I might want to put those codes in an unreachable Calling Search Space, but I don't know yet if that's doable -- it's research time.

What about making a different partition for the MWI and making it a lower priority on CSS.

Just a thought.

I'd rather make it inaccessible from a telephone altogether, but I'm not sure how it's turned on/off yet. It would make sense that Unity impersonates the line appearance somehow; does it use the line's CSS, or is there a separate CSS defined for Unity's use? I just haven't had time to look into this yet.