cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Waiting Lamps

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Inregard to previous thread regarding Message lamping on broadcast messages. I guess that this is something I'll have to live with, but should it take up to 4 hours to extinguish a lamp? Our system is not that busy. I've also had it happen where because of the broadcast message, people who get an individual message, their message waiting lights will not lamp until 2 or 3 hours later? Any suggestions??<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Well... I suppose it depends on the integration method to your switch. If we're using serial or digital chanels to light the lamps, having it take that long no matter how many lamps are going out is an indication that something's wrong. If you're using analog ports to go off hook and dial a lamp code and there's not enough ports dedicated to handle the traffic, I can easily see lamps stacking up for several hours. Each dialout takes, say 10 seconds to go off hook, get dialtone, dial the code, terminate, and cycle back around. If several hundred MWI events get stacked up, that'll catch up with you pretty quickly.

You can run a subscriber message activity report to confirm where the bottleneck is (i.e. you'll see us queing up the lamp event when the message arrives/is read and that it doesn't get serviced by the MWI transport for a long period of time).

Yeah, I know this kinda points out the need to allow you guys to send messages to large groups of folks without triggering lamp events... Unfortunately that's not an option at the moment so all I can suggest is dedicating more ports for lamps if possible.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)