Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Message waiting light on inspite of any new message

I changed the h323 gateway with MGCP on my cisco router and call manager ver 3.2(2)C. Now the MWI on my ip phone lits ,but I don't have any new voice message in my INBOX. It started when I changed my h323 to MGCP.

has anyone clue for this ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Message waiting light on inspite of any new message

MWI is not dependent upon CCM and GW signalling so this is confusing.

If you are using unity, please see this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide09186a008010a69d.html

Are you still getting all the info from the MGCP GW (callID and called number)?

I have the fxo port on my Cisco router which does not support caller ID. Is it possible with MGCP to receive all the information? We are using Unity . But this problem is with some users not all. It started the day after I changed h323 to MGCP. I belive it should be related with Call manager config.

Cisco Employee

Caller id is not a pre-requisite to MWI. Check the partition assigned to the troublesome phone DNs and make sure the Unity MWI-activation ports' CSS have access to this partition. If the calls are getting to the correct mailbox, but MWI is not activated (or activated incorrectly), the problem is not with the gateway. These are separate events - calls are delivered to VM via the gateways (assuming the phone does not answer), but MWI is activated by Unity in a separate "call". I have serious doubts that this is related to the gateway change.

Bronze

No, Caller ID is not supported with MGCP/FXO.

Thanks to everybody who answered to my question. It was a simple fix. In Unity under switch confiugration , I did Resync now and it fixed the problem.

Thanks again

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content