cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Waiting

anujnaidu
Level 1
Level 1

IS there a way to turn message waiting (MWI) lamp on or off remotely. That is, can turn on the MWI lamp another phone from mine?

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, there are several ways,if using Unity Integration I can think in using status monitor located under :\commserver\techtools folder.

There is an option for that. (Script for dialing MWI ON|OFF, using cn field as the extension you want to turn the light on)

That is, can turn on the MWI lamp another phone from mine? for that i can only think in leaving a message...

hi,

I just would like to know if there is a way we can remotely turn on the mwi by simply dialing digits without leaving messages. No Unity in the picture. I have an Octel behind another PBX. I would like the Octel box to call a number via the CCM to turn on the mwi on the associated phone.

thanks for your help so far

hope you can help me further

Anuj Naidu

Yes, there is, not easy, though.

If you have Extension mobility, just log the user off, log his/her User Device Profile (UDP) on onto your phone, then use the MWI dial string to turn it on (check for this string in your CallManager Administration), then log the UDP on to the original phone using AXL.

If you dont have Extension mobility, try out the makecall Java class that comes in the JTAPI plugin that can be downloaded from the CallManager.

C:\java makecall

Never tried this, so pls let me know whether it works.

I also tried to search for something like MWI ON on the DPA, but the only thin I have found was Clear MWI status.

BR

szge

I might be missing something here, but you can simply dial the MWI ON directory number from the phone to turn on the MWI.

Chris

Just to turn MWI on another phone, just dial the MWI on number and to turn it off , just dial the MWI off number configured in ur CCM.

How can you do that remotely, having no access to that particular phone?

BR

szge

We have exactly the same problem. I need to activate / deactivate the mwi for callback between Cisco and Siemens phones. Do you have a solution yet?

one simple solution is RemotePhoneControl from berbee.

it allows you to remotely control ip phones from your desktop. then you just press the MWI dn and watch the light go on.

see link for more info:

http://www.berbee.com/public/berbeesoftware/Remote.aspx

excellent little tool. i use is almost daily to support my 4000+ phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: