cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages being cut off

mperbix
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few users complaining that messages are being cut off, well before the alloted time. Is there a a way to find out why this is, maybe a volume threshold or something that can be adjusted...

-Mike

5 Replies 5

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Troubleshooting direction will largely depend on the integration type. What's there? CCM? Legacy?

Yeah, I was thinking that I should have included all that 8-)..sorry

Call Manager 3.1.3a (spd)

Calls coming in via Digital Trunks (PRIx2) and Analog via VG200's. I have heard this from both situations. Messages come in and in the middle the message is droped and/or cut off. I have never witnessed it myself on my own personal messages.

Also, I am not sure WHERE or HOW but I have messges ending up in the default interview, and I have NO CLUE where they are getting into that because none of my menu choices offer that as an option 8-).....

jseinfeld
Level 1
Level 1

we are having the same problem with v3.1.3 using dialogic boards

has anyone made any progress with this? It is getting reported more occasionally now, so it seems to be a global problem.....maybe it has to do with auto volume control or something?

-mike

Darn it, I forget to ask an important question: are the callers getting prompted by Unity when this happens? or are they just hung up on? There are completely different root causes for each.

If they are prompted, the following is likely happening...

1) If on these disconnected calls, the incoming stream is g711, the wav driver might be reporting a silence event that has a duration greater than the recordign settings on the System\Configuration\Recordings page.

2) Unity received a DTMF digit during recording. A DTMF digit will terminate the recording and prompt the user.

If they are not prompted, then following might be happening...

1) Unity received a disconnect event from skinny (for whatever reason) a disconnect event will terminate the recording process and hang up on the user.

In either case, finding out why the following situations are happening (or other ones) will require setting traces, having the problem reproduce, getting a description of when it happened and who's VM box was it, gather traces and analyze those traces. TAC may assist with this process.