cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages button does not prompt to enter password

gfletche
Level 1
Level 1

When I press my messages button it does not ask me to enter my password. I asks me to spell the last name. What is causing this and how do I correct it?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It seems like you must of modified the call routing or the opening greeting call handler. By default all calls go to the opening greeting.

What changes have you made when this started to occur. Now what seems to happen is you get automaticaly sent to the directory handler.

Check your call flow.

Jk

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using Unity? Do you have your extension tied to your profile in Unity?

Geoff

Yes I am using Unity for voice mail and the extension is tied to the profile in Unity.

gfletche
Level 1
Level 1

The messages button is actually taking me to the coporate directory handler. Rebooted call manager and unity server but no fix. Now if I dial into voice mail from outside line or inside it goes straight to the directory handler. It should prompt for extension then password. Any ideas?

Thanks.

It seems like you must of modified the call routing or the opening greeting call handler. By default all calls go to the opening greeting.

What changes have you made when this started to occur. Now what seems to happen is you get automaticaly sent to the directory handler.

Check your call flow.

Jk

You were right, I checked the call routing on the unity server and it showed a hunt group was added and enabled as the first option. I disabled the hunt group and that resolved the problem. Thank you much JK.

glad i could help