Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages button not working

hwilms
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new install with callmanager 3.3(3)and Unity 4.02 VM only installed. When I press the Messages button I get no response, however if I dial my VM pilot number 8000, Unity will answer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abdulr
Level 1
Level 1

When you create the Voice Mail Pilot (Feature-VoiceMail-Voice Mail Pilot) if you have only one Unity Server you can check the option "Make this the default Voice Mail Pilot for the system ", which allows all the phones use this Pilot number and you don't have to assign the phones to a Voice Mail Profile.

Default VM Profile and default VM Pilot number will be used.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

You need to create a Voice Mail Pilot and a Voice Mail Profile to point to it. Then you assign the right Voice Mail Profile to the phone. The reason for this is that you can have multiple Unity servers associated with one CallManager cluster, and you need to tell the individual phones which one they belong to.

In CCM 3.3(3), they are configured under the Feature menu -> Voice Mail -> Voice Mail Pilot, and Voice Mail Profile.

Here is a URL that explains things more in-depth:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008013937c.html

abdulr
Level 1
Level 1

When you create the Voice Mail Pilot (Feature-VoiceMail-Voice Mail Pilot) if you have only one Unity Server you can check the option "Make this the default Voice Mail Pilot for the system ", which allows all the phones use this Pilot number and you don't have to assign the phones to a Voice Mail Profile.

Default VM Profile and default VM Pilot number will be used.

Thats exactly what I did, Thanks for the help