Messages containing embedded message

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(2)

CCM 3.3(3)

TSP 7.0(2)

Unified Messaging

I have been experiencing some strange behavior with Unity messages being left. Not all the time, but once in a while a subscriber will receive a message that may consists of a 30 second conversation. The message is delivered as it should with no problems.

What happens after that is the subscriber will receive another message immediately following the initial message with about 5 or 6 seconds of some of the first initial message.

I have never seen this before, and don't know where to begin. It has happened around 3 to five times. The customer is in pilot phase with only 5 IP Phones.

1 Reply 1

mbegeman
Level 5
Level 5

Are the messages from outside callers or internal? If from the PSTN, what type of gateway is being used? If internal, are they using message notification?

Is the callerID the same for both messages?

In general, Unity will not fork the media stream so a portion of the recording cannot be duplicated at record time.

I think I need to know a little more before speculating on the cause.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: