cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

messages getting cut out short

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have the maximum message length set to 1200 seconds. That is the maximum. Some random voice mail messages are getting cut short. Any ideas?<br><br>

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Is this a demo Unity system? Demo Unity limits the record time to 15 seconds.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

No it is a full version. Some messages last much longer that 15 seconds.

Not applicable

The cause can very depending on whether you are using Call Manager or a legacy PBX (with Dialogic boards).

See this thread, it covers the majority of the issues that might be causing your problem:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=4139&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1#Post4139

One key piece of information that would help narrow down the issue - When this happens, are callers just getting hung up on, or are they getting cut-off by the 'After Message Menu'? (to send the message press 1...)

Not applicable

The post before referencing another set of post messages describes my problem almost identically. I do have a call manager integration and have "no vad" in my gateway. It seems to be outside callers only that are getting cut off. Their is no particular pattern of phones or calls. They do get prompted with the After greeting message when they get cut off.

Not applicable

Unfortunately I don't know the resolution to that discussion either. You should open a TAC case.