Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

messages marked as saved without being heard

We have 1 user who has informed me that they have missed several messages because their voicemail is being marked as saved, and not new. Messages 20 days old have not shown up until today, but only as saved messages.

Any help?

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: messages marked as saved without being heard

Is it possible that the user calls in and listens to a new message, and hangs up and Unity continues to play back the rest of their new messages?

What type telephone system is Unity integrated with? I am curious to know what kind of disconnect signal Unity is getting.

Cisco Employee

also, a subscriber message activity report may be helpful here to see what's going on when they call in... if you have a time frame where such a message was "missed" over the course of the day that would be interesting to look at.

I'll give the report a go.

The system is integrated with CM 3.2.

The user states that he never got a message indicator, and messages from the 2/4-7/03 are being hear for the first time today. Even though I was told otherwise I think there is a strong possiblity that the preview pane of his outlook may have been open.

Also, there were some database errors on the system that were fixed with DB Walker yesterday. I think it is also possible that Unity may not have been able to open the exchange store due to the database problems.

Am I barking up any wrong trees?

Cisco Employee

it's pretty doubtful that anything you've been cleaning up reported by dbWalker would be related to Unity not being able to log into that guy's mailbox - you would also be getting all kinds of errors in the event log and the user would be getting "failsafe" messages when they went in to check their messages - you'd know in a hurry.

So... messages were _not_ marked read as you indicated earlier - instead it was a situation where the MWI did not go on? Those are two _very_ different scenarios. There could easily be an issue with the MWI notification mechanism between us and the switch or the notifier's connection to the mailbox etc... but I need to understand exactly what the problem is. Your two posts here kind of contradict one another a bit.

Bronze

My guess is that the user doesn't understand the intergration in Outlook. They are probably seeing it hit out look and opening it, therefor it is read. I have some users that have a problem with this.

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content