Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

messages not going to exchange box

I have a call manager 3.12c w/ Unity 3.X using unified messaging. The exchange box is 5.5. The unified messaging was working fine, this morning the messages stopped going to the exchange mailboxes. The unity records the greeting but the message lights do not come on and the e-mail box never receives the message. I rebooted the unity twice and made sure the MTA was working on the exchange box. Any thoughts.... thanks<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: messages not going to exchange box

Besides checking the MTA (which it sounds like you're doing) have you checked to be sure the messages aren't being bounced back to the Unaddressed Messages public distribution list? THis is where they'll end up if an outside caller left the message and Exchange rejected it's delivery outright (i.e. the mailbox was full) or the retries on delivery in Exchange were exceeded (by default every 10 minutes for 24 hours). The only member of this DL by default is the Example Admin account... you should have other folks in there but if not, you'll want to create a message profile for the Example Admin and use Outlook to check his inbox.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content